Click on a recipe for more details
Selected Recipe: Selected Recipes:
To use the Meal Planner, watch this video.
(Read the steps below for more details, if needed, and to learn about the Shopping List feature.)
- Choose a recipe: Using the dropdown, scroll through the list of recipes or use a key word, like “fish” to find the recipes you want to add. Click on that recipe.
- Add recipe to Meal Planner: The recipe will show up under the dropdown with instructions to drag it to the appropriate spot on the meal planner. It automatically populates for the number of servings in the recipe.
- Change number of servings: If you want to change the number of servings, click on the recipe once it’s in your planner and the complete recipe will show up underneath. Read through the recipe and scroll down past the ingredients to Servings and the box next to it. That’s where you can adjust the number of servings. The ingredients will change accordingly both in the recipe and in your shopping list.
- Optional: Under the Servings box, you’ll be able to choose metric or US Imperial for measuring units, but you’ll need to change it again in your shopping list anyway, so don’t worry about it here, unless you just want to see it for yourself.
- Minimize or delete a recipe: When you’ve finished looking at the full recipe, just click on the “X” by it to minimize it back to the thumbnail view. (Don’t worry, the recipe will remain in your meal planner.) If you want to remove the recipe from the meal planner, click on the little trash can to delete it.
- Add a new course to your meal planner: Click on Add Course if you want more than Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner in your Meal Planner. For instance, “Snack” or “Brunch.” Follow the symbols next to it to move, edit or delete it.
To use the Shopping List:
- Create a shopping list for the meals in your Meal Planner by clicking on Generate Shopping List. You’ll need to choose Metric or US Imperial for everything.
- Add a group to help organize your shopping. We already have many groups, like Fruits, Canned Goods, Spices, etc. But, you might want to add Toiletries or Paper Goods.
- Move items to a different group: You can drag any ingredient in your shopping list a different group. For instance, tomatoes might automatically populate under “Fresh Vegetables,” but you might plan to buy canned tomatoes. Just drag it under that “Canned Goods.” We are continually fine-tuning the groups as we add more recipes, but sometimes we get behind. In that case, new items might not automatically fall under a group yet. In that case, they’ll be listed at the end, after all of the grouped items. Please be patient with us!
Note: The shopping list uses decimals, not fractions. (1/2 cup = .5 cup)