When we’re in the mood for apple pie but don’t want to go to the trouble of making it, we simply bake some apples. Here’s a quick lesson on how to do it.
- Peel and core as many apples as you want to bake.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the apples.
- Optional: place some chopped nuts in the center.
- Top each apple with a dollop of butter.
- Pour water or apple cider around the apples, about 1/2-inch deep.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 30 minutes, or until apples are lightly browned and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Eat as-is or with vanilla ice cream!
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with these baked apples, and in fact, they’re marvelous! However, we decided to come up with a little more elegant variation, poached in rosemary water and stuffed with dates and almonds. We hope you’ll give them a try!